Cohabitation Visa Belgium Questions and Answers Archive
Cohabitation Visa Belgium Q & A section is a recap or archive of all the articles and the table of contents written for my entire series of Legal Cohabitation Visa Survival Series for a Well-Prepared Battle. Click on the link for any question and answer that you would like to know. The link will jump directly to your area of concern.
1. Brief Relationship History
2. Objective of Website
3. Research on Cohabitation Visa Process
4. Why is the Procedure So Long and Difficult?
5. Main Referencing Official Website
6. Cohabitation Documents Requirement
7. Cohabitation Visa in Belgium
1. Is Marriage Every Girl’s Dream?
2. Long Distance Relationship is always a Honeymoon Stage
3. High Divorce Rate in Belgium
4. Legal Cohabitation on the Rise
5. Who can Enter into Legal Cohabitation Contract?
6. How to End Legal Cohabitation Contract?
7. Unlawful Act
Sham Marriage and Bogus Cohabitation
History, Facts and Benefits of Schengen Area
1. Type C and D Visa: Which is the Correct Visa to apply for Legal Cohabitation?
2. Type C Visa to Declare Legal Cohabitation in Belgium
How to Fill in the Schengen Visa Application Form?
3. Non-EU Citizen who wants to join Non-EU Citizen
4. One Way / Single Trip Air Ticket
5. What is a Type D Visa?
6. General Schengen Information
The European Union Explained
1. Sufficient Personal Means of Subsistence
• Financial Preparation Tips
2. Pledge of Financial Support
• Mail Bijlage / Annexe 3bis to Foreign Partner
• At Arrival Airport of Europe
3. Who can be a Guarantor / Sponsor?
4. Types of Formal Obligation Forms
• Annexe 3bis Form – Purpose of Family and Friends Visit
Download Annexe 3bis Form
• Annexe 5 Form – Pledge of Support for Cohabitation
• Annexe 32 Form – Pledge of Support for Student
1. How to Legalise Documents in Your Country?
2. What is an Apostille?
3. Sworn Translators
4. Certificate of Celibacy
5. Birth Certificate Extract
6. What if I do not have a Birth Certificate and not able to get one in my country?
1. Getting a Certificate of Good Conduct in Your Home Country
2. Getting a Certificate of Good Conduct in Belgium
3. Other Advantages of Possessing a Certificate of Good Conduct
• For jobs involving domestic work
• For the benefits of your future employment
1. Travel Insurance (Single Trip)
2. Travel Insurance (Annual Plan)
3. International Health Insurance
4. Claim Issue for Travel Insurance
5. How many Months of Health Insurance to Submit?
6. Cost Analysis between AXA Schengen Visa and IMG Hopper
7. My Health Insurance Plan
• Extension of Health Insurance
• Cost of IMG Hopper
• Visa Letter
8. Can I Be Covered under My Belgian/EU Partner’s National Insurance Plan?
1. Newcomer Online Registration
2. Documents Required to Bring When Declaring Legal Cohabitation
3. Stadhuis Keeping My Visit Record For 1.5 Years
4. Signing Legal Cohabitation Agreement
5. Informed of Police Visit after Legal Cohabitation Declaration
6. No Problem Going for Holiday before Receiving Orange Card
7. Call to Districtshuis Deurne
1. First Letter (18 July 2016) – Delayed Registration of Legal Cohabitation
2. Second Letter (18 July 2016) – Proof of Relationship for “Legal Cohabitation Declaration”
3. Email (22 July 2016) – Proof of Relationship for “Investigation of Fake Relationship”
• How do you send your documents?
• How much should you pay?
• How do you pay?
• What happens after receipt of the documents?
1. What is Considered “Proof of Relationship” for Cohabitation Visa?
2. Different Stage of Document Submission
3. Make Your Presentation Format Clear and Easy to Read
4. Email File Size Limit
5. Do Not Compress The Photo Size
6. Manipulating Photo Dates
7. Submission of Tickets and Receipts
• Air Tickets
• Train, Bus and Paid Carpool Trip
• Hotel Reservation
8. Other Proof of Relationship and Method Used
• Screenshot of Emails, Facebook Photos and FB Messenger
• Generated Chat History
→ How to Generate Chat History from WhatsApp?
• Retrieve Backup Message of Skype and MSN
9. Merge Documents into a Single PDF File Online
• How to Combine and Merge Documents into a Single PDF File Online?
10. My Proof of Relationship Submission
11. Presentation Format
1. Why is there a Police Visit?
2. Definition of ‘Resident’
3. Police Visit after Signing a Legal Cohabitation Agreement
4. What to Expect from a Police Visit?
5. What If the Police Did Not Come and Visit?
6. The Long-Awaited Dreadful Police Visit
7. My Police Visit Experience
8. Questions to Ponder for the Police Visit: Opportunity to Know Our Partner Better
1. What is an Orange Card?
2. Validity and Extension
3. No News is Good News
4. Purposes of Orange Card
5. How Long Does It Take to Receive the Orange Card after Arriving in Belgium?
6. Is it Illegal to Stay in Belgium after the Visa Expires and Orange Card not Received Yet?
7. Can I Travel with Orange Card?
8. Suggestions to Reduce Travelling Risk
9. Exceptional Cases to Leave Belgium
10. When Can I Travel Out of Belgium?
11. Can I Study Dutch and Attend Integration Courses with Orange Card?
12. Can I Work with Orange Card?
• Working with Orange Card and Annexe/Bijlage 19ter
13. What is Annex 19ter?
• Bijlage 19ter Listed Cohabitation Documents Requirement
1. Adequate Housing
2. Adequate Health Insurance
3. Proof of Income
• How to derive the minimum salary needed to apply for legal cohabitation?
• Regular or Irregular Income for 12 months or Less
4. What if my Belgian/EU partner does not fulfil the minimum income of €1,415.58 for one year?
• Favourable Benefits as Remedy for Lower Income
• What Kind of Benefits are Not Taken into Consideration?
5. Case Studies
• Scenario 1
• Scenario 2
6. Get Someone to be a Sponsor / Guarantor
1. Submit a Complete File
2. Upload Photos and Documents in Cloud Storage
• Pros and Cons of Cloud Storage
3. Divide Presentation Template into Rows and Columns Table
4. Introducing Your Relationship
5. Description of Activity
• Activities Highlights
• Cohabitation Documents
6. Air Ticket Record
• How to Label Air Ticket Record?
7. Photo (P) / Document (D) Link
• How to Link Activities to External Photos and Documents?
• Document Test Link from Google Drive
• Labelling of Photos and Documents
9. Total Days
10. Folders in Cloud Storage
11. Miscellaneous Information
• Your Blogging Website
• Concluding Sentences
• Contact Details
12. Final Proof Check of Hyperlinks in Template
1. What is F and F+ Card?
• How Long Does It Take to Receive the Residence Permit – F Card?
• No News of F Card is Good News
2. Things to Bring for Applying F Card
3. F Card Procedure
• No Belgian eID Collection on First Appointment
• Passport-Sized Photograph
• Temporary Paper Identification
• Can You travel with a Temporary Paper Identity?
• PIN and PUK Code of Belgian eID
• F Card Payment and Collection
• Fast Method of Collecting the F Card
4. Return Visa
5. Bring Forward the F Card Collection Date
6. Travelling with F Card
7. Final Conclusion
20) Cohabitation Visa Denied: What to Do for Visa Rejection? Reapply the Cohabitation Process, Appeal or Hire A Lawyer?
1. Do not rush into a cohabitation contract
2. Use calendar, journal or diary to keep track important dates
3. Be over-prepared than underprepared
4. Take sufficient photos together
5. Keep air tickets, train tickets and hotel reservation
6. Partner in Belgium to have minimum income
7. Start keeping all the message threads on your phone app
8. Visit the Town Hall once
9. Avoid applying for your cohabitation visa during holiday or festive seasons
We have come to the end of the “Legal Cohabitation Visa Series for a Well-Prepared Battle”. Are you more confident to fight the unknown forces and to conquer your residence permit F Card successfully? Share your experience and be my Guest Blogger! Hope you continue to follow my post by subscribing to my newsletter for other useful information.
Lastly, thank you for following through the series. Do leave me a comment if you have something to say about the legal cohabitation visa in Belgium!